Do you spend time taking care of your mind or just your body ? Ever stop to consider that? What does it mean to you to take care of your mind?
We spend a lot of time thinking about what we should put into our bodies through what we eat and drink, and how we treat our bodies with exercise, drugs and alcohol. How much time do you spend thinking about what you feed your mind and what you allow in?
Our minds are powerful. We can just think something and have a physical reaction (i.e visualizing biting into a lemon and our mouth waters, watching a scary movie and the hair on our arms stand up or how about a woman who’s had a baby and hears another baby cry and her breasts release milk!). Imagine what’s happening in our body that we can’t feel because of the thoughts we send it.
Today, I invite you to join me and affirm “when I take care of my mind, my mind take cares of my body” and let’s start to notice the ways we can do that. Here’s a few that I came up with:
- Notice when I’m focusing on what I don’t want and change it to what I do.
- Visualize what I want and feel it in my body as if I already have it
- Listen to music that has positive, inspirational messages
- Read positive affirmations, quotes and stories from people who inspire me
- Notice when I am replaying old, negative stories with friends and start talking about something happier
- Notice when I’m caught up in glass half empty conversations and bring myself back to my glass half full attitude instead
What would you add?